RCU Forums - View Single Post - WHAT SIZE DELTA FOR MY T.T. GP07
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 03:46 AM
SquirlNutZipper
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT SIZE DELTA FOR MY T.T. GP07

ORIGINAL: JasonRP

I wonder if the TT.07 would be a good motor to nitro convert a Parkzone Stryker? I just got one, and they fly great. I was thinking of sticking a Norvel on the back of mine, but it runs so well as an electric, I'm gonna fly it as is for a while.. The fuselage/wing is available for like 20 bucks..
The Stryker is a great airframe. I also had thoughts of doing a nitro conversion. However todays Lipo and Brushless setups will out do any electric to nitro plane conversion you can think of. A lot of people today are doing nitro to electric conversions.

I used to build hand modified nitro engines for the sedan/truck racing scene in the Portland-Vancouver area. In their day nitro's were the way to go. However that is 6 to 10 years back and electric technology has advanced much more beyond the performance of nitro engines than we could have hoped for in the past.

Today a well setup electric plane will out run any of my hand modified engines. That factor is due to the advent of brushless motors and Li-Po tec.

Back in the day when Nitro's were king the electric setups consisted of Ni-Cad batteries and brushed motors. Heck even my winning rally car was "old school" electric. But, today electrics have surpassed Nitro technology by leaps and bounds.

My suggestion is to keep the Stryker and fly it as an electric and then when you're ready try out a brushless and li-po setup.

Cheers,

Alex