RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF or Kit?
Thread: ARF or Kit?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:22 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ARF or Kit?

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: LuftwaffeOberst

It seems that many heads turn on some of these ARF Warbirds, just as much as the full kits do when done properly.

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 856404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY
The only heads that ARF's turn are the uneducated, or uninitiated. Those who don't know drool. Those who do know Puke.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

That is your opinion. I only tell what I've seen at the shows, I never seen anyone put down any ARF planes anywhere except in some R/C Forums like this one. I have seen ARF Warbirds done up that looked way better in scale and in detail than some of these kits and or scratch built models at some of these shows in NY.

If you like to build kits? Good for you. I give credit to the nicest planes, not just the kit or scratch built ones. Kits are great if you are retired, disabled or have all the time in the world. Some of us work 48 hours and 6 days a week, have families to support, one or two car payments and rent to pay etc.

So I thank all the companies who are turning to the ARF and Plug-N-Play industry. The more ARF's that are on the market, the more I see people getting employed to make these nice planes... which intern makes the economy stronger.

The Out Sourcing of jobs is another topic though. It would be good to see some American ARF's out there on the market. JMO Being proud of building and owning a Scratch or Kit plane is one thing. To put another persons ARF down or say that the person can't love his or her ARF plane just as much stinks of false pride.

The R/C Clubs isn't for the rich anymore, thanks to Electric, RTF, ARF, ARC aircraft now available on the market. Why is scratch building and kit making slowly becoming a dying breed? Well I believe many people agree to what I just wrote. And I believe I just answered that question. I have a 16 year old O.S.40 Goldberg Eagle that was a kit so I can talk.

I personally don't love it more or put it above my H9 J-3 Cub or any other plane I have. If I wreck it, it hurts just as bad and the loss would be the same.

Do you all know what EGO is? " Eliminating Good Optimism. " Sometimes I see that here and it's sad. Again JMO.

If you love what you fly... that's all that matters.

Enough said.

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 856404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY