RCU Forums - View Single Post - SEMPRA Members
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 06:17 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SEMPRA Members

Losing that 16,500 rule was not a good thing. I never saw anyone adhere to that rule until I moved to Florida, at which time I witnessed Freeman Jr. taching motors in the mornings. And it worked... my first race out here, Jr. noticed an airplane in 424 going pretty damn good... so he stopped the pilot/caller on the way back to the pits...made them fire it up... and yes sir...it turned over 17,500... so that meant, those two went back to the pits after the morning tach inspection process and either changed to the cheater motor cheater motor or broke the rules in some other way. Either way, by not having that 16,500 rule in place.. you open the door for all kinds of issues. After market engine parts, basically bringing the pocket book into play a bit more. NOT GOOD.... Stock is Stock, what part of that don't we understand...geez.

As far as "proven" 428 pilots. What the hell you thinking?? You don't belong in 424... unless...and that's a case by case unless.... a guy should be permitted to participate in 424 if he falls on hard times and can't afford the 428 stuff anymore. Or maybe the event is a 424 only event.. in which cases I think it would be okay. But bouncing back and forth between those classes is stupid..!

The new weight rule... that's all smoke and mirrors. In NO WAY will that help the hobby/sport.

Almost forgot... Marcus Blanchard is having a big race up in South Carolina, November 4-5... I think there is a BBQ on Saturday evening at the field, that would be a perfect time to have a big group discussion.

Randy Bridge
Team USA F3D