RCU Forums - View Single Post - SEMPRA Members
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
garys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SEMPRA Members

Randy, exactly. There's nothing that prevents SEMPRA from adding additional limitations as they see fit. I think the rules proposals do have an explanation for the rules change.

The APRA rules have been used on the west coast since before the 424 rules have been around. The rules require the approved engines to be "stock". Modified or aftermarket top-ends, heads, ect, are not stock. The APRA rules have never had an RPM limit. The reason was how exactly should it be enforced? Is the RPM max to be done at "peak" or the "flight needle" setting? I don't think the 424 rule with the RPM limit said how the RPM was to be checked. Frankly, a stock, well broken-in TT40 can turn some stock 9-6 APC's over 16,500, so you're going to penalize a guy that properly breaks in his engine because it turned 16,600 when it was checked? I also don't believe an RPM limit will eliminate cheating, or not having one will promote cheating. What will help prevent cheating is tech inspections. Your example proves this point, as somebody had their engine inspected before the race, then went and changed it prior to the contest. The only way to have a rule that can prevent cheating is to have a rule that says anything goes.....The only real way to reduce cheating is to inspect things.