RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution engine
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engine

Shakes my head ,I have dialed in several Evo engines and always had to loosen the set screws so the needles would turn more than the limiters would allow .
If and only if you were in the location of where the engine was made they could possible be preset for that altitude and using the same fuel and set up as the factory used .Other wise you going to need to reset them end of story .So artisan is correct in saying that no engine is preset from the factory.As far as getting a engine to run correct inverted ,Tank height is everything no matter which way the engine is mounted,if you cant achieve the center of the tank to the center of the spray bar or a tad lower inverted only, don't even try it .I can tell you now it won't work unless the engine is pumped.
As far as the baffle goes I don't use one in any of my engines, I like the extra HP I get W.O. it.
Here again the engine has to be re tuned to run correctly W.O. the baffle .
Spending 6 Hours to adjust a engine is just plain insane to me ,all engines show very similar traits as to whats going on with them ,and again just because its wrote in the instructs doesn't mean its the final say so.Its more of a starting point than a final setting .Sorry if this sounds a little strong but the truths the truth .