RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution engine
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engine

*L* If adjusting a engine to make it run right voids the warranty Theres not much there to start with.
and like I said before there is to many things involved for a engine to come preadusted .They set the engines at their altitude with their fuel and i'm sure if you are where they are at when testing the engines and using the same set up they are, the engine would fall into their preset limits .
Every New engine I get is rich on the bottom end ,WHY??? because they're set to run at sea level and I'm at 4500 feet,I don't have the air here so they always run rich .If your expecting a engine to run flawless out of the box I'm sorry it wont and don't happen, without some adjustments.
The limiters are not a bad idea but in most if not all cases they have to be loosened or removed to make the proper adjustments.
send a engine in for repair and when you get it back chances are it wont run correctly the way its adjusted because of altitude diff ,fuel diff and so on.
As far as evo claiming there engines are preset and in no need of farther adjusting thats a selling gimmick.There also supposed to be broken in ,the ones I have seen have never been run out of the box .So pray tell how can a engine thats never been run be broken in already ?????
Don't get me wrong I like the evo line of engines ,good power and fair on fuel consumption and good reliability.