RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fadec ecu questions.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 01:46 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Fadec ecu questions.

ORIGINAL: mcjustis

Okay, here's my situation. I have a homebuilt 60 mm turbine. I want to fly with it. I need (according to AMA) an ecu. The fadec from Nades electronics seems to be what I need at the price I can afford. Manual start, egt, rpm. My questions are: What is the difference between the Fadec kit for the KJ and the MW? I know what the KJ and MW are, but why is there a difference in magnet sensors? What measurement is used to determine which one to go with? Is it shaft diameter? That magnet ring with the KJ fadec kit, does it just go on the shaft and the nut thread down over it? The shaft at the compressor end of my turbine is .250" . I also have a flightworks pump. Is this compatible? Is the Fadec used on the Wren turbines? If so, I guess I need not ask about their reliability. I'm sure these are baby questions to most of you, but this ecu thing is new to me.
Thanks for any help with my questions guys.
Martin

the difference is the size of the speed sensors for the rest they are the same
you will need indeed a spinner that holds a magnet.
the magnet disc delivered with the fadec is a round 10mm magnet disc that needs to go inside the spinner.
it can not be placed under the spinner or used as a normal metal disc.
you need to lathe your spinner to recieve the disc.
i asume the shaft is 6mm threaded , you can also look for a wren spinner that has allready the magnet implemented.
the flightwork pumps are ok for the fadec.
they are a bit agresive in acceleration but you can use similar settings.
if you want a smooth transit in runs you need a hausl ZP28028.
just get the kj66 sensor or anything that will also do the job.
also check my page for some more info about the parts:
http://www.digitech-turbines.com/sho...s/dept_26.html