RCU Forums - View Single Post - Return of Lunchbox..
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 10:45 AM
jplmk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Return of Lunchbox..

ORIGINAL: broncojd

i like it! i notice you went without the side step bars. it looks clean. the orange looks sharp, too. although it does make some of the stickers harder to see.

however, i notice there seems to be a lot of texutre on your van. is that just the picture? was it intentional? kinda has an orange-peel texture.

looks good, though!

what did you end up doing with the wheels? spray or brush?
Photos I took are not very good, it does look a bit different in real life (need more light). All the stickers pop out well (because of the borders, only the orange "flash" on the sides blends in). There's a slight texture, you can see it agaist the light, but not as clearly as in the photos (some of the texture is actually a scaling artifacts, scaled from 2500x to 800x by the forum). The texture came with the pink (faulty spraycan), and when I switched to orange, I did not bother to smothen it up, so the texture remains (the pink actually helped with the tone - the orange I had was really transparent, so thecolor got darker with the pink background and ended up being less flashy, which I preferred. I am crappy painter, so that might have something to do with the results as well

Wheels - I sprayed them, first a little bit of primer, then black and finally some laquer - Had some issues there as well (paint collecting to the bottom of the wheel), but still preferred it this way. I used the plastic bearings to fill in the slots for the bearings (not to get them filled with paint).