RCU Forums - View Single Post - DA100 acting strange
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 06:49 PM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA100 acting strange

I have a DA100, slimline mufflers, PT 27x10 prop. It has 30 flights on it.

When it was new it ran quiet and smooth at idle and was able to idle around 1,000 - 1,100. That was at factory recommended settings... After 4 or 5 flights I tuned the top and bottom and it was running great.

After about 22 - 23 flights it began to act "weird" on the bottom end. First it was hard to start - I figured out it was a tad too lean on bottom even though it was not hesitating on run up it was not idling down properly (idle was staying up then eventually dropping after 10 seconds... sometimes goosing it would get the idle to drop.)

I should mention that the temperature had dropped from +20c to around 0c now.

So - now I have the idle backed out about 1/8 from where it was and it starts easily and idles down correctly, the top end is tuned to 6,375 RPM (thats max.)

So the issue is it runs rough at these needle settings in the bottom 1/8 throttle or so and will only idle at 1,200... no less. It's very bouncy at this idle setting and sounds rich and LOUD in the air. It is reliable though and is not over heating (at least I can't detect any signs of it.) Moving the idle even a hair makes it lean again (as in when I cut throttle the idle comes down to about 1,500 then after 10 seconds or so drops to 1,200 and almost quits... like it's loading up or maybe starving?) The power in the air is great and past 1/3 throttle it is very smooth and quiets right down (but straight and level only needs about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle.)

I don't know. I guess maybe I should re-set to factory and re-tune. It was running so great at first. Kinda frustrating.

I never had issues tuning my ZDZ80's or DA50... and I know how well it can run.

I have looked over the fuel system and throttle servo linkage. Everything seems okay.