RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setup for Spectrum DX6 and Blade CP Pro
Old 10-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Heli_Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setup for Spectrum DX6 and Blade CP Pro

blubug66

Check to make sure you have you servos plugged into the proper locations on the receiver, as the channels are different between the two receivers (E-Flite & Spektrum). When I removed the old receiver I traced out and labeled each servo lead to make it easier to work on in the future. Also make sure your set up as a Heli, and that CCPM mode is on.

Get the servos as close to center as possible mechanically then use the sub trims to get them dead centered.

Really take the time to setup your mechanics. I can almost hover hands off as I really took the time to set it up.

If you don't have one get yourself a pitch gage as it really is the only way to really get your pitch right (I bought an E-Flite one for around $13.00).

Take some time to think about the control interaction as some controls will add to each other.

Example: If you set the Aileron Function to 70% in the CCPM Mixing and the dual rate for Ailerons set to 75% you only get 52.5% of travel for Ailerons (75% of your 70% travel as set in the Mixing) this makes the Ailerons quite sluggish. Now throw in some Exponential on top of that and the Heli is so unresponsive that it is almost un-flyable.

Note: The settings that Horizon Hobby Tech support sent me were way off for my CP Pro. The servos would bind and it was so sluggish that it was hard to control.

Have Fun.