RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do you remember when....
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 07:18 PM
rcjake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you remember when....

I started with a 3 channel Sig Kadet built on a card table in my living room using white glue. Remember that? Apply glue, pin in place and let set overnight to dry! It took forever to build a kit then!!!

Powered it with an Enya 35 (Remember that you got two heads with this engine, the standard installed and a high compression to install later?) and guided with a Futaba Gold Case 6 channel radio. (72.400 orange/white flag) Tried to fly it myself and it just about flew away forever! Any radio input resulted in wild gyrations of the aircraft. After it landed (crashed?) I decided to join a club and have someone teach me to fly.

The poor fellow that took off my Kadet was barely able to control it, but did get it safely to the ground. After landing he exclaimed, "This Kadet is tail heavy and we need to balance it before it will fly!" Hmmmm. What does he mean by balancing the airplane?

Anyway, that was over 30 years ago and I cannot count the number of friends that RC has brought me along with the countless memories and good times! A brother recently asked me if I was still flying those rc planes. I replied, "I'm still breathing, aren't I?"

Jake