RCU Forums - View Single Post - finally hit the air, after 10mths ao the shelf
Old 10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
hyper701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally hit the air, after 10mths ao the shelf

about 10 months ago i bought a phoenix model classic trainer with a os 40-la ( i did not realize there is so mush involved in flying rc planes ). after i got the plane home and put it together i was warned not to fly it unless i had an instructor, and i must admit..... i thought stuff if im just gona fly it, but i chickened out at the last minute. so the plane sat on the shelf for about 10 months until about 2 weeks ago i was going through the local newspaper and i came across a article about a local club looking for members, so i went out to the club and had a look at what goes on, it was great and they had a instructor there who said he would teach me.

when i woke up this morning i put all the gear in my car and headed out to the club, i got there and the instructor went through the plane adjusting everything so the plane would fly properly, ok it was ready to go, he started it up and off it went, it flew perfect, i never thought this plane would ever fly. after stuffing around with the trimming for a few minutes it was time to learn how to fly. i cant plug a buddy box into my controller so he worked the rudder elevator stick, and let me work the throttle aileron stick. the instructor said i did really well and he will give a few more lessons b4 i fly buy myself. now i am kicking myself i never got out the the club sooner, and i can see myself spending alot more time out there[8D]