RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 160FX
Thread: OS 160FX
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 AM
greyfoxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 160FX

Flapper - I cannot give any response to your question about using the OS PD06 pump for your 140 on the 160, but I know of several flyer's where I live that use the Perry Pump for 2 strokes on the 160 and it does wonders for it, especially if the clunk in the tank is more than 8 inches from the carburetor. This allows one to mount the tank in the best position relative to the CG and that CG not changing as the fuel is used. One fly's a Somonini Yak and says that it made all the differenced in the world mounting the tank over the CG.

I do have a question however. How do you like your CMP Yak 140? I have one that I will begin working on sometime this fall, and yes, have an OS 160FX to use on it, along with a Perry Pump. When looking at the full scale Yak 54, one notices that the spinner and backplate of the prop protrudes a ways from the cowling(see attachment). I plan on mounting mine so that there is 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch distance between the cowl and prop backplate to allow for cooling. Of course, I will have to have adequate openings for the air to exit from the cowl. Just wondered how you went about !QUOT!airing!QUOT! yours out, and how your plane flies, and if you have any recommendations on set up, particularly since there are no directions, only the exploded view plans
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78458.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	541318