RCU Forums - View Single Post - PiccoZ Micro R/C heli
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 10:07 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

ORIGINAL: flyingace451

No offense intended with that post, I'm just wondering what a heli thread (an uber long one too) is doing in the planes area.

I'm into 1/2A and diesel engines. So when I have something to offer with a diesel 1/2A, where do I put it? The answer is both. Might be time to alert the heli guys to this thread.

Reminds me of a big RC meet many, many years ago. Big pattern ships, big scale and screaming .40s. So this kid shows up with an electric, two channel ARF, one of the first to come out of the Orient. What happens? He puts in one flight and gets a line up of guys wanting to try it out. There was just something about the fun factor without the stress that appealed to everybody. This is where the Pico/Picoo shines. Challenging, intriguing, damn cute, fun and damn near indestructible. Kind of like flying a simulator only the reset button is just you picking it up and setting it down on the skids.

Nick,

Many thanks, for the links. Failing the hi tech stuff, I may just make up some Teflon or nylon or brass bushings.

Eventually, I think I may end up adapting the guts to an ultralight, indoor plane of some sort. Retain the gearing to swing a 6" rubber prop driving a largish ultralight made up of sticks and mylar. The tail rotor would be used to counter the torque reaction of the big prop. This would also allow steering no different from the way it works on a heli. Likely done already, just an idea.

Another idea. Make the heli three channel with a second tail rotor horizontal and pointing down. Make it tail heavy allowing the second rotor to contribute to the overall lift. This will then allow you to control fore and aft movement. Again, likely discussed elsewhere, just an idea.