RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I set up my bubbleless fuel tank?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:13 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How do I set up my bubbleless fuel tank?

ORIGINAL: roofus4

Thanks for the response. That information is very helpful. I am using bubble less tanks on my four engine trainer kit bash. I was told that with four engines all vibrating at the same time. I was going to get foaming in my tanks, unless I padded the tanks very well, or used bubble less tanks. I found that the bubble less tanks took up less room. Thanks for the tip about pinching off the line to the carb. Guess I'm going to need 4 small hemostats. Is it bad to use a push type refueling probe with a bubble less tank? Thanks again!

Rob
I don't use a hemostat, but I am careful to bleed off any residual pressure before connecting the fuel line, I keep the nose up a bit, and I don't wait around after conecting the fuel line. That's probably far easier with a single engine plane than with four. Hemostats would work perfectly. Another option that comes to mind is to mount a small blanked-off fuel nipple near the engine where you can plug the fill/fuel line, then when you go to start each engine, pull the line off, plug it onto the carb and start away. Since you have to attach them to the carb at some point after filling anyhow, seems like no extra work to me. Just a thought!

Bubbleless tanks rock, you may fall in love with them. Fueling is no more trouble than a conventional tank once you get the hang of it, and you'll sure like the consistent engine runs.

MJD