RCU Forums - View Single Post - For those who love World War Two Fighters
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Muffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For those who love World War Two Fighters

Hi all

Thanks Phil for the offer of sole ownership of the fury, but you know you are always more than welcome to fly it.
Mr Jolly, I can't believe you posted those pictures & with a headstone, only joking Mr Jolly I did ask you to post them (ow do!!)[:@]
So, did Mrs Jolly sting you for a full 3 courses and coffee? [:-]

Anyway, the crash team investigators have been busy, radio gear is functioning correctly apart from 2 servos where casings & gears have been smashed[:@] due to impact & nothing which would have happened during normal flight. Something kept churning over in my mind (horrible grinding noise!) the MVVS is normaly very reliable, usualy starts 1st flick, but was a bit of a devil to start on Sunday, but I just thought oh well, one of those days, then when checking full throttle, nose up, engine needed richening up quite a bit, but then was quite happy at this. Can you guess what I think the problem was? Well, I think I forgot to put the bung back into the filler pipe, got pressure into the tank for a little while, engine stopped on a turn but can't really tell because of other aircraft noise, stalled & down she went like a lead balloon.
When I had a look at the engine last night, the bung was missing, it was a very good fit (but only when inserted) so I don't think this came out on crash, it was never put in. To cut a long story short, ground crew error, myself.
Do you think this makes sense? I don't think I have done this before but have certainly learnt from it.
The wings are a lot worse than they look on the pictures.

Regards

Muffler

Here is a picture of the 190 (god rest her sole) taken a while ago by LL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21083.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	542621