RCU Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE Hate it when the expiration date matches the maiden..
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hate it when the expiration date matches the maiden..

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

That's interesting that they rely on tape like that. I had the NexSTAR trainer, RTF. It had a steel spar and a plastic gizmo that the wing halves slid into and, I believe, four screws to hold the two wing halves into the plastic gizmo. The gizmo was a cup like device that each half slid into. It was very strong, well, strong enough to put up with the abuse I gave it while learning to fly. I sold the plane to an elderly gent who still fly's it. I solo'ed four years ago.

DS.
I Had a H9 trainer (.40 size) previous to the Alpha, where the wing was in 2 pieces w/a steel-rod joiner. On the bottom of the wing you installed 2 small screws (smaller than a servo screw) and you ruberbanded the 2 wings together using a miniscule rubberband around the screw heads. This was only to keep the wing together while moving the wing around. When you installed the wing on the plane at the filed, you attached the wing with 4 rubberbands per side, and the pressure of the rubberbands against the wing, kept it in place. We tried pulling from both wingtips, but the friction of the 8 rubberbands allowed no movement. I flew the plane for many years (instructing others) until I sold the thing earlier this year (replaced by an electric 70" Telemaster).

I hope you get the plane replaced by H9:-) IF you had 4 rubberbands per side I cannot explain the separation, after all this thing does not roll like an Extra 300...

Gerry