RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slightly different beginners advice ;)
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 01:09 AM
NeveSSL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slightly different beginners advice ;)

Hi all!

I have a slightly different beginner situation.

I am wanting to get into electrics. Ultimately, I never did solo my glow planes (I own two... but they're at my parents house... I just got married, I'm in college, and I don't have room for them at my apartment ). However, I came really close, it was just a tight schedule thing. I am hoping to get into electrics for a bit to solidify my flying ability while still having room for my wife in our apartment, thus electrics.

Ultimately, my question is this: what should I start with? I worry that I will get bored rather quickly of a slow stik or similar plane plus I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, so I'm thinking of starting with something like a Tutor or the little Cesna 182s or something else that is 4 channels instead of getting a slow stick and having to spend more money after probably quickly becoming bored of it.

What do you guys think? Would it be too much? As far as glow goes, I had (at one time) got to the point that I could land and was almost ready to solo... but didn't quite make it there. As far as radios go, I have a Futaba 8U Super, so I'm more than fine there. Got lucky on that one... a friend sold it to me for a really good price when he upgraded to a 14z... heh.

Also, do any of you guys use the Hobbico Quick Field Charger MkIIs? Are they decent chargers?

Thanks!

Brandon