RCU Forums - View Single Post - new Silverlit plane at TRU
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 12:48 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Silverlit plane at TRU

this was just posted elsewhere, so i thought i'd point it out here. Silverlit, the original makers of the AA, has started selling a new plane at TRU. its called the RC Single Wing Plane (BORING!). its more conventional, with a single motor and actuator for the rudder. but, for some reason that is far beyond me, they decided to use a NiMH pack - makes me think this is one of their older products, but knowing we'll buy just about anything, they figure they'll sell them to us (and they're right! man i'm a sucker).

the two folks that have them said that the throttle seems proportional like the AA, but the rudder is not, also like the AA. its got a geared motor, so its probably a little M20. uses a 3AAA NiMH pack, and its TX is the same as the Picco TX, except its not IR, its RF so it doesnt have the range issue and can be flown in the sun. they said they picked them up for only 20 bucks, which is darn good, especially if all of us already have extra AAs - the AA lipo will be a perfect match for the plane, so we can get rid of that crappy NiMH pack. they also said that in its out of the box form, it'll fly for about 3 minutes or so, not surprising with its battery, also said that it flys like the AA in mono form.

i plan on making a run to TRU and seeing if they have one, but i'm not holding my breath. for 20 bucks, we'll have more options when it comes to building our own planes. no more need for twin steering type planes. just one motor and actuator for the rudder. nice! i'm hoping the RX is small so it can be used in smaller planes. i've attatched some pics that they posted so you know what to look for.

sweet!

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19083.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	543915   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44665.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	543916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz67224.jpg