RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need some advice from the experts please!!!----1/5 scale ROBART Retracts
Old 10-23-2006, 03:03 PM
frisconick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some advice from the experts please!!!----1/5 scale ROBART Retracts

Mark,

It sounds like you're about a week ahead of me on the build. I'm just now putting the tail wheel retract in my TF P51. I have not cycled the Robart mains yet, but I have Century Jet Retracts on my Corsair along with a regulator for speed. My guess is that unless you hit the retract system with the full output of the holding tank, the wheel with the least resistance will move until some other component in the system has less resistance; meaning, one wheel may move the full travel before any other wheel starts to move. I would be surprised if all wheels moved at exactly the same pnuematic pressure. One wheel may extend half way where there may be a little drag, then another wheel may begin to move. But, in all cases, all three should eventually lock up or down if there is nothing wrong with the system. How much pressure are you running? It seems to me that once the lock is released on the mains, gravity is strong enough to pull them down (down, but not locked), so it doesn't sound unreasonable that the mains just kind of flop down, but maybe lock a second or two later. Do they behave differently if the plane is right side up or inverted? That may be a good clue as to what's going on. My guess is if it's inverted, they will tend to flop to the UP position.

You can get the manual on line from Top Flite. Let me know if you discover any tricks with the Robarts.....I'm right behind you. If I get them plumbed tonight, I'll report on their behavior.

Nick