RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Fuelie is on the Way
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Fuelie is on the Way

i know of NO ONE that has gotten Free parts due to something breaking that is not already a known Warrenty issue, ie bad foams, tire tears due to bad foams. ect.... HPI offers a 2yr Warrenty on material and craftsmanship. They stand behind it. i say Kudos to HPI for standing behind one of the best warrentys in the business.

just cuz YOU'VE never seen one Caad does not mean it dont exist.... i seem to remember reading literally 100s of FG threads about all sorts of FG issues over the last year, from carriers, to the need to rear a arms, steel spurs, updated diffs, engine Problems ( not FGs issue, but Zenohas issues) before the Baja was released. i entertained the FG idea until i found out about the Baja, and researched it and discovered how much more versital and unique the design itself is. it only took me a few days of checking into the baja to make my choice of the it over the fg pajero or MT or MB or marder ect.... the design, the 2 yr warrenty, the price, the ability of HPI to support the baja without brakeing the bank is what helped me decide on the baja.

see my vids with the baja jumping, we run on hard pack ground, with 2-3 inches of a 70/30 mix of Clay/Sand. its VERY Hard. not at all unlike a dirt road or driveway. no forgiveness at all. im interested in seeing a vudeo with an FG getting some real air. it will be a grand change over the normal flattrack type running we always see them doing.

all the baja engine swapping is NOT becuz the CY23 is a bad engine, ( if it is, then you need to include ALOT Of other rc cuz many use the CY engine) but more power is the key. that and dirt/sand ingestion. this is possible on ANY RC. FG, Harm, Horemann, Bergonzoni, HPI included. dirt will kill an engine faster than monica lewinsky can get light a cigar.

If one was astute enough to put all this together, then one ( and many already do/did, and plenty of them are FG or other large scale Owners), would see that things are fine in these threads UNTIL one or two FG cronies get a bug in their butts about it, then the crap starts flying. i have posted ALOT of info on many different threads, and never insistantly poke a finger in someones eye like others do. they know, once thats done then things get out of hand, and the mods have to step in and start deleting as usual. typically the Baja threads are deleted while the FG Threads are censored. this is a different topic and we all know the deal with that.

This spring im gonna get an F1, now while the FG F1s are really nice, just becuz of some of the idiocyncracys of certain FG owners here, i wont buy an FG if it was the ONLY F1 available. besides the Bergonzoni F1, though very similar, i think is a bit better in the end over the FG due to its design and Engine, ( 23cc reedcase as stock). but thats me.
jm2c
Timmahh

PS, I ask all Previous/Current/ and Future Baja owners to hold yourself to a higher level than the few trolls that are here causing the problems. They will be delt with at one time or another, but until them, lets keep our decorum and postings on target. all we ll need to do is Watch and See the losers start their crap day after day. The proof is in the pudding.