RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Fuelie is on the Way
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Fuelie is on the Way

fg usees the Zen 260, the Baja uses the CY23. differnt engine, different bore same stroke, so different power, for most the stock 23 is fine. but some like myself, like it to be on the edge ( or past) of uncontrollable. ( IF I had went with an FG, this would be no different). the motor used is IRRELIVANT to the overall design. if you put the zen 260 into the baja, then they have the same motor, still dont make the new design of the baja any less impressive imo over the FG line. im not saying the FGs are bad, as i stated i looked, researched, and dug into the design of the FG before i knew about the Baja, it was ok, but Nothing i couldnt manufacture in my friends shop, and then buy the addtional parts needed, ie, a arms, diff, axles, ect....

calling the eintrie rc crap due to useing a less powerfull engine is nutz. or is it? by your reasoning CAAD, when HPI releases the Baja 5R (COMING SOON TO A LHS NEAR YOU) with a 29cc stock, then i guess, by your reasoning, then the BAJA WILL BE THE BEST RC AVAILABLE, becuz it has a 29cc motor stock. its bigger than the stock Zen 260 that FG uses in their RCs, so It must be Best RIGHT CAAD?

its not hard to cut a piece of aluminum and bend/weld it if you have access to the proper tools and equipment. especially when your making a simple Pan Design Chassis. My Bergonzoni is pretty much the same, but i like the ReedCase motor is has STOCK in it. plus its an Onroad with a Porche 911 Turbo, so i doubt i ll be jumping ANYTHING with it anytime soon.

there are MANY threads of FG owners putting new/upgraded bigger engines on their FGs. so if thats the case then i guess the ZEN 260 is a Crappy motor, becuz ALOT of FG owners have swapped them out. MAYBE NOT YOU CAAD, but Others have. pull both engines out of the FG line and the HPI Baja, and the HPI wins hands down for overall design imo. you must hold my OPINION in VERY HIGH REGAURD to want to question Why i have the opinions i have. Thank You! I appreciate the Shout Out CAAD.

My Neighbor has the Zen 260, i m still useing the Stock CY 23, as is his brohter for the record. the stocker is Pleanty of motor, just not enough for my nib/ his brother (installing the ESP 30.5 kit next week). i put 5 gallons thru mine before i had a sand ingestion issue, even the zen 260 wont beat out sand. if you think it can, i have a STATE just south of Florida i own i ll sell you for 10,000,000.00 USD. great lil place i like to visit thats called INYOURDREAMS. thats not to say im not gonna go bigger cuz i am, BUT only cuz i WANT MORE power, not that the Baja Needs more power. is a personal choice, something We HAVE.

JD, after 4 months of this shizzzzzz, im just tired of it. while i ll agree the initial post IN THIS THREAD was an eye poker, by a baja owner. after 4 months of BS by a few FG owning IDIOTS, (MOST PRESANT COMPANY EXCLUDED) it was bound to happen. actually im impressed it took four months for someone to start poking back. sometimes its GOOD TO STIR THE POT as you stated earlier.

Timmahh