RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Sethhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

Hi guys,
Erich - yes the spars are solid with cabon laminated to them. The wing uses 4 spars, each 1/4 H X 3/8 W, on ribs about 7/8" deep (3/8 gap betwen spars). Balsa vertical web in the gap between spars. I measured the panel flexibility by putting some weight on it; supports 32" apart, 6 lbs of suba weights in the middle, I measured 1/32 of deflection. Pretty stiff for a wing with no sheeting. The panel is not super light; but light enough at 12 oz. I did not use a jig; just blocks under the spars (due to the undercamber) and pinned over the plans. The spars are not hollow but I might consider that for the lower wing!

Can you post pictures of your fixture and wheels?

Alan - I drew the plans on CADKEY (CAD program) about 8 years ago. Unfortunately I lost the file after a couple of computer changes. All that's left are the outlines that I plotted; side view, wing panels, bulkheads. The rest I've been filling in as I go and trying to keep a sketch book updated!