RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much do you spend on model airplanes?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:03 PM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much do you spend on model airplanes?

Hmm, in the early 90s, when my parents were buying all my gear, I was probably spending around $1.5k-2k a year. I got back into the hobby/sport in March of this year (2006), and since then I've spent at least $3,000.00. I am pretty sure it is more but I'm afraid to go back and look, because I don't know exactly where most of it ended up! That figure is about to go down an awful lot, methinks.

I was a car salesman (Toyota mostly) and was bringing in about $50k a year in an area where 1200sq. ft. apartments in the nice parts of town were only $450 a month. My wife was making about $34k a year as a manager at Walgreen's. I quit, because I fawking hate selling **** (even though I'm really good at it) and I especially hated 55-60 hour work weeks. I've already got a couple of degrees anyway so I need to use them. I'm back in school again, taking some prerequisites for med school, but I don't think I want to do that so I'm just going to get my MA and Ph.D. and be done with it. My wife quit her job too, and she'll be starting law school in the fall of 2008 (I'm 27, she's 21). Right now I wait on tables and she bartends. This is why my spending has gone down to practically nothing. However, once our incomes go up, so will my spending. I have my airplanes, she has her makeup. Let me tell you something about make up - it's almost as expensive as airplanes. It's nothing to drop $500 on a single order of makeup for her.