RCU Forums - View Single Post - Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe
Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Rube Goldberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Purple Brushless Electric Ultimate BiPe

I've got the blue one. When it is a clear blue sky with scattered and broken white clouds I wish I had the purple one!

The plane does go together quickly. I'm using a Park 450 outrunner, Phoenix 35 ESC and TP 2100 battery. Still testing to find the "right" propeller. Flies really well, wound up removing the wheel pants and using larger dubro lightweight wheels to fly off grass.

I could only find one "disapointment" in the whole assembly process.....being the outer wing strut attachment points for the bottom wing. The holes for the angle brackets are started on the bottom of the top wing, but the striping of the covering job on the top of the bottom wing leaves you with no "guide" holes for the brackets! So I just fit it all together and measured top wing tip to corner of stabilizer on both sides to get those even, and measure from edge of fuselage out to strut same on both sides to get it right....main thing is making sure nothing is being stressed before you mark things and drill the holes.

You can stiffen up the landing gear mounting plate significantly by CA'ing a 1/4" square length of hard balsa along the inside edge of the fuselage atop the plate from the front of the battery door cross member back to the former that the bottom wing fits into.

Other than that little miscue, the little plane is DEFINITELY a BUY vs. other ARFs in it's class!