View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 12:55 AM
KillerKiwi
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muggy break-in

ORIGINAL: wfdfiremedic

Hey man,

Don't give up yet. Nitro RC does have a steep learning curve, but it will be very rewarding when you get the hang of it. I suggest that if you bought the truck from a hobby shop that you take it there and ask for some advice. Hopefully, they will at least get you on the right track and show you some basics. I also suggest that you take a couple of days and really read as many nitro forums as possible. Look at posts by people that have problems/tuning issues with their engines etc. Granted, not all the advice given is good, but it will point you in the general direction of where you need to go. You can search the internet for nitro tuning basics as well and start compiling as much information as possible.

When I first got a nitro I thought too that I was going to sell it that night!! I got terribly frustrated and thought of just turning back to my electrics. I learn something each day about nitro RC by reading forums etc. As you gain knowledge, the easier it gets!!

-Chris
Thanks, I took the Muggy back to the hobby shop, they're ordering parts for me and have been running and testing it, they isolated the problem and it's the piston and sleeve being pressure locked, the are replacing parts and calling me on the phone to tell me how things are going, ALL FOR FREE!!! I highly recommend Hobby Outlet! They worked all afternoon on my car for free and wouldn't even accept a tip! They even took a carburetor off of a Muggy they were trying to sell just to test it on mine! [link=http://www.hobbyoutlets.com/]Click here to view their website![/link]

I have been doing some research on the Muggy and