RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4-tec really hitting 70?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 AM
Ferrarif50f1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4-tec really hitting 70?

Hey I just want to tell you guys that the 3.3 4-tec is quick stock I've had 4-tecs since the first one that came out and I know them inside and out they are really good cars specially the new one... Now let me explain alot of things that people don't know about the new 3.3 the new 3.3 has bigger first gear and second gear (accelaration ratio), (not the clutch bell gears...) and has the front and rear belt pullets bigger to compensate on that... what does this do? well, let me explain the old 4-tec 2.5 has the smallest first and second gears (top speed ratio) traxxas makes out of the box so that means that you cannot make the car go faster unless you put a more high reving engine... Now the 3.3 4-tec actually comes with the acceleration gears the car can do 0-70 mph in an out standing 4.2 seconds!!! I have a video that I can post here later meassured by a G-tech pro rr!!! the 4.2 sec is still with the weight of the G-tech pro on top of the car the whole run. Now with a radar gun without the g-tech pro on top of the car and stop watch, gun the throttle for 3.5 sec and let go and the radar will read 71 mph!!! now if you want to leterally smoke a so called fusion .21 car simply change the "acceleration gears" for the "top speed gears" from the old 2.5 4 tec and you'll get a 0-86mph in about 4.6 sec but you'll need to take stock rear wing off the body as it simply makes a ton of downforce at does speeds and will not reach 86 maybe just about 78mph if you really want even more than that well just simply keep the gears of the old 2.5 4 tec in your 3.3 and drop in a nice RB .23 that is used on the T-maxx it has more torque and will get you to top speed even quicker that the 3.3 motor... IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE 4 TEC HAD 3 GEARS BUT IT STILL KICKS FUSION .21 ASS. Now to RUSHRTR3. My friend has a RS4 with the same O.S .18 you got and he's a literally a JOKE to the 3.3 4-tec when it comes to speed and accelaration but boy I love the braking system the rs4 has.... by the way before some one talks **** my 3.3 does have and needs FOAM TIRES to stay glued to the ground. The stock tires are like if you were racing on ICE (they suck ass) the tests i posted here were done with the hardest compund FOAM tires. they will last longer and have a really great grip!!!

By the way my Jato 3.3 stock can reach no more than 72 mph but it takes time and space but it really does the 0-65 in 4.0 seconds and can even do wheelies at top end speed simply bend the rear wing forward to about 90 degress at that speed 60-65 mph the jato will literally gets off the four tires leaving just the wheelie bar touching the ground for about 2 seconds!!! crazy ****!!! Jato fans try it out!!!