RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fine Design LST 2 E4
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fine Design LST 2 E4

RURC, there is something to his arguement. I noticed it too. I was driving my electrics exclusively for a while...I had even bought an E-maxx. There was just something missing. So I sold the E-maxx and bought a Jato. It seems to me that with a well running nitro, you get the feeling of man conquering machine (Tuning it properly). I don't care for the smell or the fuel cost of Nitro, but the sound and the satisfaction of driving a vehicle that YOU tuned IS worth something. It also gathers more attention than any electric will. This is the case partly because it is simply louder and partly because it sounds like a pack of seriously pissed off hornets.

Igotntc3, be careful of wanting to race 1/10th vehicles with your Mambafied RC18t. While you might be 15-30mph faster, they will have WAY more stabililty and control. 60 is way different for a 1/10 stadium truck (Just ask my Jato) compared to a 4wd mini. Like I told you in another thread, be ready to learn to feather the throttle.

Signa, it sounds like the brushless LST2 kit has found a niche in your RC stable. Keep it for now. Find another Nitro to buy (A Jato can blow by 40mph almost like it was standing still - especially the 3.3 version) 2wd is interesting, too. Its fun to drift corners while keeping the throttle pinned. The Jato 3.3 needs a wheelie bar for a reason (my 2.5 will peel the tires for the first 10-20 feet). Go to Traxxas.com and see why.