RCU Forums - View Single Post - G3 vs FSone vs G3.5 (FSone comparison review)
Old 10-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Iquit214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G3 vs FSone vs G3.5 (FSone comparison review)

I don't consider myself to be a fanboy. I should have clarified that I was talking about.

I did not buy FS One for the helicopters. I have been hearing pheonix is the sim for that. For that reason I can not argue that the helis in FS One may be no better than G3.5. According to the forums they are both in need of some help in this area.

My comments were strictly toward airplanes. The overall reaction of the physics in FS ONE is more realistic. LESS FAULT can be found in the way the plane flys. An example is hovering. The plane has less float to it and just reacts more like the real thing. This is invaluable to improving my skills without actually heading out to the feild.

AS far as learning to hover, G3 did a fine job of teaching me that. It trained my thumbs to react and saved me money in repairs. However it gave me a false scence of accomplishment as it was much easier than being out at the field.

I am simply tired of people saying G3.5 is better based of the time they played with it at the hobby shop. There are to many factors that come into play testing something for a few minutes at a hobby shop. Expo rates, CG, scaled size of plane, and various other settings. If you pick up the controller and expect the plane to "feel" better than the plane you have tweaked in G3.5, it is probably going to feel different and lead you to think "thats not as good as my sim"

Unless you own both sims, I do not think you can give an unbaised review. Most people who own a sim have spent some time tweaking the models to be like the ones we fly in the field. I don't think you can really walk up to a demo and then come back home and write us your "unbiased review"

My previous post may have come across wrong. G3 can be considered better in many ways. I feel that most unbiased reviews should be able to support reason to buy either product.

NIght flying -G3 only
Gaming - G3 wins (FS1 only has bombdrop/bottle rocket game and pylon racing)
Graphics - G3 wins (FS1 has impressive graphics, but G3 is a little better) FS1 runs a little faster on lower end computers
Training - G3 wins (some may argue that FS1 is better, but I think G3 does a better job)
Physics - FS1 wins (This may not be enough to sway someone to buy FS1, but is where FS1 stand out)
Online play - G3 wins
Amount of planes - G3
Helicopters - ?
Support - ? FS1 is being very promt with their support and help in the forums and on the phone. This is due to it being a new product. Time will tell

G2 could never be patched to run like G3. The Physics engine was completly changed. In that same way, I do not belive the platform in G3 can be patched to run much better. The promising thing about FS one physics is it is leaps and bounds better than the physics in G3 when it first came out.