RCU Forums - View Single Post - new Silverlit plane at TRU
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new Silverlit plane at TRU

well, heres the SingleWing conversion. the plane is a Micro Ultimate, this is probably the 3rd set of electronics that its had installed and probably has the most thrust. i already had an actuator installed for the rudder, so that cut down on a lot of the hastle, and i simply cut away the most of the gearbox and then just glued it in the nose. when i built this plane, it was from the first set of plans that had been drawn, which didnt have any incidence angles, so its hard to get it flying right, since the tail, main wings, and motors are at 0 degrees, the CG has to be set pretty accurately, especially without an elevator.

it was pretty windy out when i tried to fly it tonight so i really couldnt tell how it was actually performing, but it did fly. i'm probably going to put some incidence in the wings this weekend to help get more lift (despite having twice the amount of wing area, i couldnt say it was any slower). AUW is just over 24 grams i think, i need to double check.

so far so good though, the electronics certainly have some potential. i'm sure there will be more to come!

Ched,
thanks for the info, thats usually the easiest way to do it without installing an LVC. what sort of flight times are you getting before the cell drops to 3v?

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65028.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	549468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99682.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	549469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94726.jpg
Views:	33