RCU Forums - View Single Post - Winter flying
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 04:08 PM
john_s3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winter flying

The First Thing I Make Sure I Have A warm Place To Go After The Flight.i Have A Kero Heater Or My Car.
I Keep The Same fuel.I use Started fluid to get the engine started.Just a tiny shot will do the trick to much and you can eather lock the engine.that is bad.Ijust put A fresh glow plug in. It can't Hurt To Keep the fuel In a warm place.
You may find that you will have more power because the engine is running on cold air so you will half to retune the engine.
Covering is not an issue.
Battery's,it is a good idea to keep the ship And transmitter in a warm place,you are right battery's hate cold.Have A field charger.
warm Hands Is A Big problem.some folks Use hunting gloves others have a bag to put there transmitter in.The antenna sticks out the one end and you put your hand in the other.I use gloves With The Bottoms Of The thumbs cut out.
just a point about skis.pick up your ship after a landing because i have seen planes leave skis on the runway after the first landing.Rember try not to walk on the field.A foot Print On The runway is bad.
Have fun and keep warm.You will ba a A 4 season flyer.