RCU Forums - View Single Post - First twin kit???
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2002, 03:53 AM
TCBLightning
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First twin kit???

Something else to consider woud be the Rich Uravitch/Hobby Hangar OV-10. Haven't built one myself but looks like it would be a great project.
I've got a Twinstar with to .25FXs and I can't get enough of it. Those engines run so good together. I have done take-offs, loops, and rolls with just one engine. I've even gone as far as low inverted one-engine passes over the runway....I know I'm a show off but damn if it doesn't get my adrenaline pumping!! Initially installed LA 40s in it. Flew great, was a tad bit heavy and could never get those two engines to run good together. I agree with the .32s that would be perfect....Smokin'!!!
I've got a Duellist on the table right now, wing is almost completely glassed with mechanical retracts. Fuse is next. A pair of TT Pro 46s will power this one. Good advice on the thread listed above about the retract height. I'm going to have to be careful with mine. Very little prop clearance with the 10x6s but it should be OK flying off a paved runway. I added flaps just for the heck of it to help slow it down on landings.
Can't wait to fly it!!

It's not a hobby if you aren't having fun!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2547_1208.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2408