Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: Jim Henley

Bill,
I guess it is like reworking an old house, first you have to tear the place up, then you fix it correctly. I don't see a datum line on the plans what / where do I measure against? I had placed a short level on the motor mount, blocked the fuse to bring that motor mount level, then used another level to check the stab. That was where I discovered that the stab appeared to have 0 degree incidence. Is using the motor mount the correct way to establish my base line or is there a better way? Also guess I need to pick up an incidence meter to make sure I am right on.
Jim
The fuselage crutch should be the datum line, but yes, you should invest in an incidence meter. This won't be the only time that you will use it. Using the motor mount might work, I've never used it as a datum line though. There are too many ways to mess that one up. Did you notice that the plan does not call for any down or right thrust. I have never needed any with this one. The full scale does not have any down thrust or right thrust built into the engine mount as well. That's what the stick and rudder pedals are for.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1