RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 05:35 PM
old git

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

Hi Bill,

I was just having a silly prod at your "sand off the excess" signature ending. I appreciate what you say about the commonplace but they are not commonplace to me. A blue spitfire should be rather fetching, I'd venture there's probably one at OSKOSH (Spelling?) Nevertheless I really love your Waco. Dicknadine in another thread was planning an Arc en Ciel Airliner, that was a really uncommon aircraft. Alas it came to nothing, his house was demolished by Katrina and he lost everything but his life and wife.

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Hiding a Spitfire somewhere? ... Hmmmmm...[:-] - - - - -

- - - - - -If you could talk me into building any Supermarine designed airplane, It would, in all probability, be a Spitfire. Perhaps a Reconnisance model, one of the light blue ones with the camera pod, - - - - -... I might just roll over for this one.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
For some reason I am unable to upload pic's. I found a two seat job that is I believe flown by the widow of the builder/rebuilder. She gives rides which must be a real buzz for non pilots. My uncertainty is if this is the self same aircraft

Two seat Spitfire

Supermarine 509 Spitfire T9
Fishburn - Morgansfield / West House Farm
UK - England, August 25, 2005

G-CTIX / PT462/SW-A Built as an HFIX single seat variant, 462 flew with 253 Sqn in WW2 and latterly with the Italian and Israeli Air Forces. Converted to a TR9 two seat by Charles Church, she now resides in Wales.

old git - - - - aka John L.