RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4-tec really hitting 70?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 08:00 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4-tec really hitting 70?

Ferrarif50f1 people are making all these outragious claims about how fast their nitro 4-techs are with no proof. People are claiming that their Jato's are doing doing 70 plus mph while RCCA only radared it at 67 mph. I refered to that article as proof that the Fusion has hit over 70mph. I think I will wait for RCCA review of the Nitro 4 -tech before I believe all these speed claims. You are saying the same thing that Cen is saying fastest box stock !! That is a cop-out only a person who lacks tuning skills and creativity leaves their car box stock. My Fusion is not box stock and it does not take all day for it to top out. A Fusion with mods similar to the ones I have done to my fusion with a Novarossi .21 motor was clocked by RC Nitro mag at 88mph. I have been clocked at 92 mph by a sheriff. If you want that nitro 4-tech to really run drop a modified Novarossi .21 in there with the top-end speed gears now that would be a serious combination. My objective with any car is to get it to perform at its true speed and handling potential , that means building on its platform and modifiying I never leave a car completly stock. If it is proven that a stock nitro4-tech can do 70 mph then that proves it has potential for a good drag car with some modifications. But it is not gonna handle too well because it center of gravity is so high with the reciever battery pack setting on top like it is on the radio tray. I know what I am talking about because I had a nitro 4-tech pro when they first came out it was great going in a straight line but sucked in the turns I changed shock oil , springs , droop adjusted the ball diff none of it made any difference until I relocated the battery pack beneath the radio tray on the side by the muffler. I used a extra 5 cell flat battery pack from an onroad 1/8 scale car. It helped and so did the foam tires but it never handled as well as my other 1/10 scale onroad cars . The 4-tech design is in dire need of an upgrade , they put in a new motor but they need to lower the center of gravity on the chassis put laydown shocks on the chassis true pivot ball suspension, lighter diffs and make it easier to work on by reducing the amount of screws.