RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anybody heard of this "power booster"?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody heard of this "power booster"?

This is total BS for me. I can see several problems with this product. Assuming it realy works for full sized gasoline cars (a diesel engine's higher temp and higher compression ratio would proabaly cause problems with this junk), I do not believe it will benefit nitro engines at all.

The primary factor see as a problem is the higher RPMs and heat caused by nitro engine. Full sized cars and trucks turn at most, maybe 15000 RPM for a fully race grade gas engine? Since big bolocks will turn up to 35000RPM (maybe more) and small blocks will turn up to 40000RPPM, in increased friction and heat might cause a problem in alowing this goo to bond with the crome.

On the line of bonding, whether or not this goo can actually bond to crome is another issue. Full sized gas cars and trucks do not have crome plated engine. Unless the crome is particularly scuffed up from wear (a really worn engine), I can see this stuff totally slipping off like water off a duck's @$$.

Most of all, when a new nitro engine is breaking in, it has a nice tight taper that contributes to compression and power. In a new engine, this stuff will simply be scraped off by the tight piston and sleeve.
Now, when the engie is worn, the piston and sleeve loose their proper tapered fit. At operating temps, the worn piston sleeve will ezpand to a diameter larger than that of the worn piston's diameter. No matter how much of this goo you pour in, it will not fill in the space caused by the epanding of the worn piston and sleeve.

Overall? It is high priced junk. If you must have it, go to the automotive store and buy the same stuff for full sized gas engines. This HB stuff is simply high priced useless goo when it comes to nitro engines.