RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Warbird By KMP - JU87 Stuka
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW Warbird By KMP - JU87 Stuka

LDM

At this time we are seeing what the demand and responce is to the composite configuration airframes. In the early 90's (anyone remember), the seven composite warbird models were a concept unknown to most of the manufacturers and modelers, although well recieved by the many who ordered the models. The time to produce one kit was long, hand cut wood was a big time consumer. But today thats not an issue for us and our models. Also the models were made of epoxy resins, not polyester as some of the imports are. The resins are most important to the durability of the composite airframe. Kinda like a polyester suit oppose to a wool suit.

Today, composite arfs are not a new concept, go to the Composite Form to see many methods of construction.

Anyone remember the Fiberclassics P-51D, today offered by Composite Arfs, atleast a 10 year old design, still a benchmark for scale and yet another alternate method of composite constuction although a bit fragile.

We have been developing new generation (new composites) all composite models for our own use since then, along with composite flying props, resin and glass detail parts, rubber tires, wheels ,spinners, pretty much everthing we could make minus the engines and radios. All thats needed is the decision to commit to production, the concept is perfected.

The prices that the Chinese composites are going for may be incentive enough for us to start our production up again locally in the US. One concern is the Chinese have no protection, one factory will copy another, and before you know it, the same model will be offered at 1/2 the price, its just a matter of time.

Steve

I am in contact with my partner the guy who developed the composite concept with me and we are discussing offering the scale composite line we had at one time.