RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Warbird By KMP - JU87 Stuka
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Johnnie Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW Warbird By KMP - JU87 Stuka

I dont build/assemble my ARF's in hopes of winning scale contests and the people who watch me fly dont give me slack for incorrect exhaust placement, with that said I will definitely be buying this airplace since it offers me a decent price for a beautiful airplane. I do agree that a true scale model done correctly is a sight to behold but if thats your cup of tea then get a "pro" kit cut and get to work! Nothing wrong with either mind set.

In Reply to Diablokid.

My fellow modeler, I am building and flying planes for 20 years now. Beleive me when your six years become 20 you will definately have different expectations from the market of ARF. All of us who love scale is because we like to fly something as close as possibble to the real thing! We don't like patchwork and we do not fly in order to compete with the rest of us in building or flying skills or at least if we do it we should compete in 3d or pattern flying which is more for competition.You see a sport scale arf like EXTRA or CUP or ZLIN etc. definately has a lot less to work in order to look like the real thing. If you make a P47 or a STUKA or F6F or a Spitfire,and you count the hours on the bench to make it "scale" you'll find that you need at least 5 times more time to do it right. Getting a pro kit cut was my drink for all these years that passed. And that is the reason why I am asking for that to be on ARF. I do not want to finish my life on the bench cutting wood in order to make a the new masterpiece when the ARF companies will provide that to me. Now as the first part of your comment here are many scale planes that are with fixed landing gear why don't you pic up a cessna or something from the "golden era" (Howard or SE5 or Fokker) or even soething more recent like a Pitts or Wilga or Creasten Eagle there are too many offered in the market esspecialy for 120 engines like your's...
Cheers
Johnnie