RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

I too am more comfortable with Silk & Dope but have made the transition to Supershrink Coverrite. I really love the stuff, all the benefits of silk & dope (strength, durability) with a few extras like ability to shrink with a heatgun (not as much as plastic, but still welcome). I still use Nitrate to assist the glue backing.

I'm new to latex but, I'm using Behr premium exterior latex thinned with common windshield washer fluid. With electronic color matching I can take my chips in for a perfect match every time. Drying time between coats is literally minutes when running a dehumidifier. Cleanup is a breeze too, simple soap and warm water is enough for skin, and I run straight windshield washer through the gun to clean up. Overspray is also much less than with other paints I've used and simply wipes up with a damp rag.

Rhinebeck ... sigh ... hope to make it next year but their scale rally conflicts with annual fiscal year-end software release testing. Still, the regular shows are worth the trip and I have literally Gigabytes of documentation from this year's trip. That Hanriot really grew on me... too unweildy for competition but one beautiful piece of flying furniture.[]

... I began a G17 in cad from factory 3-views some time ago, I must to get back to her.