RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bergonzoni videos
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 03:34 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bergonzoni videos

http://www.netshop.nl/shop/rc/index.html Krikke sells the Comp. FG all day long for $1,271.00. If you buy from FG America, yes you will pay $2,000.00 Plus! The hydralic brakes are a waste of money unless you race 1 hour main events at the national level. Also the hydralic brakes dont come on the Comp. FG chassis, they only come on the Comp. EVO ($1,848.00) respectively. I have the cable operated brakes, and with a good digital servo (180/OZ/IN) and they leave NOTHING to be desired. I can lock all 4 wheels at 50 if I want, or gradually apply them for excellent modulation. The only benifit to the Hydralic system is: no cable adjusting, and less brake fade over a extremely long race like a 1 hour race. Many people think adjusting cables is a pain, but can you imagine filling, bleeding, and maintaining a true hydralic system like in your car? None for me thanks, my cable brakes work great. I have a JR-R1 and mixxed channels 2 & 3 together to be able to trim the front brakes seperately of the rear, because you always want more brakeing power in the front than the back. 70% front/30% rear is ideal, same as a real car would be. I agree used helps to get the price down, but nothing beats new, I just hate getting someone elses used garbage. For as much as these cost, unless you could know for a fact the owner took great care of it, I would avoid used 1/5th scale. Its just too easy to bend one of these cars up, being 25LBS and capable of 50MPH easy. They dont excactly hold up like the smalled lighter cars, when you wreak one of these, it generally is going to cost more than a few bucks. I wish it could take the punishment of my TMAXX!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	58165_17532.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	30065