View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Red headed step children fly models

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Has anyone else ever noticed that the AMA has tons of rules and regulations regarding flying models but seems to devoid of rules and regulations for model cars and boats? Actually, I can find no mention of model cars and boats anywhere in the Safety Code. No speed restrictions…No size restrictions… No powered waivers…nothing! Heck, model ships that fire paintballs at each other would probably go unchallenged…well unless there is a STLcaptain in the hobby.

I rarely operate model cars since I primarily fly models almost daily but so far the worst injury I personally know of involved a model car accident.

Are flying model enthusiasts just so inept, ignorant or freckled that every aspect of their endeavor must be overseen by step mom?
Duh . . . It may have something to do with the organization - Academy of Model Aeronautics is for aircraft (a vehicle for traveling through the air). You might find what you are looking for regarding cars at http://www.roarracing.com/rules.php or for ship models there is American Model Yachting Association and Scale Ship Modelers Association of North America. Then cars and ships are in most part limited to surface operation, with little likelihood of becoming airborne missiles. Of course if your purpose is flaming the AMA then we suspect your agenda would not be served by a little more knowledge.