RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger F8F Bearcat ARF - Navy Version
Old 11-04-2006, 01:05 AM
thunder21
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger F8F Bearcat ARF - Navy Version

I think the front of the cowl is too small, it tapers down too much. It may also be a little long, but not by two inches. The vertical fin may also be a little small.

I've had a few flights now and I think the model flys really well. I may have it a little too nose heavy now so I'll start to move the CG back by shifting the batteries back a little. I'm using a four blade APC 15.5x12 prop cut down to 15". Top speed is around 70 MPH and it climbs rapidly.

The kit comes with mechanical retracts. The housing is plastic but they seem fairly sturdy. Air retracts would probably fit without a whole lot of modification. The model bounces so much on the grass trip at my field that oleos would be nice. But I'd worry about breaking them as I've hit a couple dead spots on the field that have flipped the model over (one at takeoff speed) The stock gear flex a lot so they seem to be holding up well. The kit wheels were a joke so I substituted some H9 Pro Lite wheels.

The cowl area is pretty big. I don't do glow/gas motors so I can't comment on what will fit. It measures approxiamtely 7" diameter at the back, 7" long and tapers to about 6" at the front.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49998.gif
Views:	342
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	554019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16394.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	554020