RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMD BAe Hawk - Gutted
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 09:38 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: AMD BAe Hawk - Gutted

Hi All,

Sorry to hear the loss. Personally I learned to dislike the AMD or JHH Hawks. I had 2 of them before. They never lived long enough. Many people who had this hawk also met the same fate. It's a poorly made airplane and aerodynamically unsuitable for turbine, period. It's aerodynamically unstable at low speed. A sudden flow separation at the wing tip will occur at low speed because it does not have the vortex generators on the leading edges. The full scale one have these features. Airworld Hawk has these feature and flies well at extreme low speed. On top of that, the hardware package is not good either. The fuselage (at least the old one) was made of polyester resin instead of epoxy. etc.

I really recommend anyone who has small engines try the more stable JHH F86, Savex L39 or the new JHI A7, Cermark Fun Scale F16, SM F16 (1/8) are good too, if you want to fly scale-looking airplane at bargin prices. Anyway, I have not seen many succesfful Hawks out there except the Airworld. Of course it comes with a steep price tag.

Mike