RCU Forums - View Single Post - Review in Progress: Hot Bodies Lightning GT10
Old 11-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Misbehavin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Review in Progress: Hot Bodies Lightning GT10

Yeah, I would say this first off: here in Germany the asking price is €599. That's just stupid. I got mine new on auction from a shop for €370. So before commenting on it, I should make clear that anything I say is based on having gotten it for a bargain. Had I spent more my expectations would have been higher.
Street price around here is just over $400. I think it fits that niche pretty well. Overseas pricing may vary though.

So, basically, I like it. The stock engine is a bit weak, but when tuned right it goes pretty well.
I'm curious about that comment. This truck flies. Coming down the straightaway made me think of a stock RTR 1/8 scale truggy! The tires are begged for mercy as I made my full speed runs. Is yours equipped with the .18? I know the stadium version of the truck had a .15, is it possible it arrive from your online site with a different motor in it? For the .18 to be a side exhaust stock motor, the power really surprised me. It takes to the air extremely well too, thanks to it's truggy-like stance.

The stock suspension was stupid soft, but after getting the blue springs and putting in 60 wt oil, it's much better. The tires and wheels are HUGE. So far all that's broken have been one C-hub(I think that's what it's called), a bent dog-bone, and one of the two stock steering servos. I replaced it with a Blue Bird 620 MG, and now it's even better.
I tend to like a softer suspension, but that's personal preference. Out of the box, I really liked the suspension at the track. Backyard bashing would find it a little on the soft side if you do a lot of high altitude jumping.

So what do you think of it so far? My 10-year-old cousin is looking to buy one, so any information you have would be great.
I really love the truck so far. It's simply been the most fun I've had with a review vehicle in several months. The tires aren't the best in the dirt, but on the other hand that had a hand in what made it so much fun! It was a handful, and fell just barely short of clearing the triple at the track on the stock rubber. Another set of tires would have made that possible.

I've had a few problems with screws backing out, and a mishap with the air filter element. I'll get into the specifics on those items in the review. Aside from that, it's been nothing but a blast so far!