RCU Forums - View Single Post - Review in Progress: Hot Bodies Lightning GT10
Old 11-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Misbehavin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Review in Progress: Hot Bodies Lightning GT10

Just fyi, the Lightning GT10 and Patrick's Lightning GT are two totally different trucks...entirely unrelated.
That's what I was suspecting, just looking for more details from him on his truck! The video he had linked to wasn;t working when I tried to check it earlier.

Yes I have heard the HB 18 are under powered
You defintiely heard wrong on the GT10. It'll fly.

The HB Lightning GT comes with a Force .26.
If yours has that motor, I can see why you get the results you do. It's not very much of a high-end screamer.

I see they're actually very different. First of all - this GT10 has 8 shocks!! That's cool.. Looks like a fun truck actually... Is this supposed to be comp for the MT2 and co??
There really isn't much to compare it to. It's so similar to a 1/10 scale truggy that it's hard to comapre to anything. It's a lot more fun than the MT2 SS I reviewed a little over a year ago. There isn't a lot of adjustibility in regards to the shocks. However, it handles very well out of the box. A basher certainly wouldn't have a problem with it, nor would an occasional racer.

Your review so far sounds pretty encouraging...(but then so do all reviews.. - no offense..)
No offense taken. As far as reviews go, there's generally some good in most any vehicle. Someone writing must point out what they see that's good and bad. You really just don't go out and slam on one particular shortcoming over and over. For some people, what you see as needing improvement may not even be a concern or of interest to them. Report what you see, and let the reader form their opinion. So I generally point out any problems I had with a vehicle, and then areas I see that may be an issue. The rest is up to you.