RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much do you spend on model airplanes?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:28 PM
NorfolkSouthern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much do you spend on model airplanes?

Reading this thread, I have a question. What, in your opinions, would be the minimum income requirement to be involved in R/C modeling? I spent over $800.00 just learning how to fly an R/C plane, having purchased the trainer, the insurance, the tools, and the supplies. I currently have a kit that's half built, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it since the cost of electronics, adhesives, and covering materials are probably beyond my budget. I'm thinking about selling out because I'm not sure if I should continue, since my income is fixed and I'm on disability. It was fun last summer, though, but now I have a lot of major repairs to make on my bank account and credit. Some may want to joke about buying more planes and spending more money, but I'm serious and don't want this to drive me into bankruptcy. So, is there any input? My own gut feeling is that a person would need at least a $40,000.00 per year income just to be able to afford .40 and .60 sized planes and still be able to pay the bills. Would that be a good estimate?

NorfolkSouthern