RCU Forums - View Single Post - SR Batteries Eindecker Questions...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:05 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SR Batteries Eindecker Questions...

ORIGINAL: feep
Hey Cam, Good to hear from you. The words are Hier aufassen forward most and the last 2 points say Hier unterstuen with 2 dots above the "u" after the "t" I'll see about getting a font.
The forward points say "Hier anfassen" ("Grab hold here" ) and the rearmost says "Hier unterstutzen" ("support here" ) -- as Feep says there are the two little dots ("umlaut" ) over the second "u." Unfortunately, "Hier auffassen" would mean something like "Perceive here"

My understanding is that these were applied as stencils -- so the font is probably a fairly simple san-sarif font. I ended up using a slightly fancier "German-looking" font -- for no particularly good reason.

The Oberusel is actually a Photo of a Le Rhone which Don ( Abufletcher) supplied on another thread. I doctored it up a bit and mounted it on a piece card board. I doctored the pic by removing the red spark plug cover.
Feep, thought I recognized that! I'll repost that photo later (the image isn't on my current computer) but it's of a LeRhone Type C. What you have removed would be the brass-colored exhaust pipes -- which the Oberusel didn't have. I might suggest running black sharper along those edges though! I plan on using this "trick" on my Snipe and already have a great photo of the BR2 to use. I think to really make this illusion work, it's important to print the photo with as much color and contrast as possible on high quality, glossy photo stock. It won't win any scal contests but it looks good enough for flying photos.