RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL TeamVTX Truggy/Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL TeamVTX Truggy/Buggy Thread

I figured i would open a thread to eliminate all the other smaller nonsense threads. I have bought and recieved the "truggy" version today and here is my review upon opening it.
Pictures will come later.

-----

I recieved the truggy today. First impression pulling it out of the box was WOW it just seemed like a larger scale briliantly scaled down, and seeing all the silver alloy was very EYE appealing to say the least.specialy the polished header and pipe i loved. ONE thing i noticed is the play in the steering but i bought the vulcan its the same thing on that as well. because of the alloy not fitting as snug as the plastic versions. BOTH still very nice cars i just thought the VTX is a better deal in my opinion! BUT the irc customer support is very good as well!

the front and rear shock towers are very thick not sure on the mm but i wanna say almsot 3mm, the motor seems to pack some compression as well.

LOOKS MORE LIKE THE NEXT BUT SIMILAR TO THE VULCAN SE ETC.... now the advantage buying the vtx cars are for $229 buggy u get the upgraded 2 speed, Metal difs, and all the alloy and polished header and pipe for almost same price as the regular vulcan rc. it seems like a steal to me! the vulcan se doesnt even come with the 2speed etc.. and its well over $325

also the motor says .06 and after talking to a tech at TEAM vtx he said the vtx version packs a little more punch then the vulcans motor. They .05 so i dunno if thats anyones marketing plan to say 06 etc...

I know alot of people question the quality alloy used. but we are not talking a $500 car either most of the time the alloy upgrades u buy from places like ebay etc are no better , SOME may be and they will state that. but for the most part the vulcan and the vtx buggies look very decent to me. but the vtx was a better dollar value etc...

Next i will break it in and run it and see how things go!