RCU Forums - View Single Post - How To Make AMA Perfect
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 10:45 PM
nullibiquitous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How To Make AMA Perfect

Uh oh, one of my few posts on RCU. Have not been a member long and have been in R/c for only a few months, though its something i yearned to do as a child. Ill co-sign some of STL's stuff only to say i agree with some of his post. From what i have been reading here and hearing at the field in my infancy, many people are not open to change. Most of the guys at the field see 3D or helis and usually have something negative to say..usually something along the lines of "all that crap is unecessary". I have to say that, if the ama's employess are comprised of people with the same "this is the way its always been done for XX years, why change?" attitude then whose to blame? From what i gather in his post STL is only saying you have to change something at some point. Take blue jeans for example and compare a pair from 1900 to a pair from 2000. They had to change in some way to maintain the interest of the general public. Jeans have been done in so many different ways now they have one for every individual. Now i know you all are smart enough to realize this and i also acknowledge that model aircraft are not a product of the AMA from what i know. But the bottom line is that if the AMA wants to stay in business, they have to do all they can to keep people interested in the hobby. No matter their attitudes or how many other hobbies they may have, if too many lose interest for whatever reason the AMA loses.

Now I have not been a member of the AMA long enough to really have any gripes, but to the origional poster what are some things you think they can improve on? I think most people are too extreme on this forum. You have your belly-achers with the 'the ama sucks' attitudes. And then you have your old school conformists with the 'be happy with what you got, nothing needs to change. People just dont like flying anymore' positions. The truth is always in the middle people. The belly-acher, its fine to acknowledge that there is room for improvement. Just dont let that prevent you from being satisfied with the what you do have. To the conformist, acknowledge that there is room for improvement. And everyone acknowledge that this forum is nothing more than a "vent"forum, no real problem solving occurs on any online forum based around any subject. I have to say though, i love to debate myself.