View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How To Make AMA Perfect

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Maybe what we need is a Poll thread like

Should STL be banned from AMA Forum, Yes/No

and see what the RCU readers/posters think..... Just to get a feel for how valuable his input is viewed.

OTOH, would you consider this point? Your favorite clock / watch is broken. It no longer provides you with the correct time of day, all day. Yet it still remains correct two times each day.

No matter how many times one can P/O another, just on occasion, albeit very infrequently, that one really bleating so irritatingly can at some time be very correct in some specifics. History has definitely proved that. So many that foretold troubles have been denied as hopeless dummies. Just think of Gen. Billy Mitchell! [:@]

So while STL can be extremely irritating, so very wrong and a hundred other errors, he does make a point now and then. AMA has had some very indefinite leadership through a number of years. All the problems are not just the liberal culture of the times. AMA's internal affairs have not been well structured. EC rules are ignored by both the EC rule-makers and the staff. A steady supply of that term "good ol' boy infestation" has definitely been allowed to run rampant, especially for the last 8 or so years.

It's like when I see that old curmudgeon that watches me shave each day. Da_n, that old coot is old and ugly! [X(] Yet, that is what it is and it ain't gona' get better, especially if I don't do anything about the ugly. The old will continue --I hope!![:-]

IMO, there are a lot of warnings that bear research and inspection before I throw it out. You know like when you do a very good Pre-Flight Check, big or small airplane, that checked item can only say it was working when you checked it, not the next time you shove the throttle forward. Yet, when something bad does show up with just a slight display, that butt you save with further checking just may be your own. [8D]

As one that is definitely no fan of any sort of censorship, my vote is that anyone and all can stay.